That’s hello in Tagalog -the language of the Philippines and my mother’s native tongue.
My name is Annalisa, and I’m a California native who has been traveling since 2010. If you count my family trips to the motherland, then I’ve been a traveler since 1994!
My first experience traveling as an adult was back in college when I studied abroad in England for a summer. During that trip I visited 10 countries in just a few weeks! I “caught the travel bug” and had constant pangs of wanderlust ever since.
A few memorable moments from my travels since then: I once spent the night outside -with no camping gear- on the steps of the train station in Venice, Italy; nearly got lost in the jungle of Kauai at night; hiked through The Narrows at Zion National Park during flash flood warnings!
Traveling to unfamiliar places challenged me and changed me in ways that I couldn’t have imagined. I think we would live more peaceful, empathetic lives if more people were able to see the world -which is why I started a travel blog to help you do the same!
If you are:
- A budget traveler
- A backpacker/adventure seeker
- Someone who seeks to gain a deeper understanding of other cultures and societies
- Someone who wants to give back to the communities that you visit
Any of the above? Sweet! Then you’re in the right place!
What you’ll get out of my blog:
- Detailed information about each destination and travel guides
- Essential “Know Before You Go” tips that I wish I knew before I visited
- Historical, social and cultural context about your destination from the perspective of a humble American
- An awareness of potential environmental and social impacts from your travels as a tourist
- Suggestions for how to support the local communities and protect the natural environments that you visit (because you want future generations to be able to enjoy these wonders like you did, right?)
Still with me? Awesome! Check out some of my posts so you can be better prepared to travel with my tips, or read more about my travel philosophy to get to know my travel style a little better.